The Flying Penguin Press
March 26, 1998
Dirt Cheap! It's Free!
This newsletter is, and always will be FREE! Why am I doing this? Probably because I need my head examined!
For the benefit of nameless parties (oh okay, I'll name them: park employees) I'm not selling anything. This is a free service I provide for my fellow fliers because the aforementioned nameless people have a problem with RC want-ads on the field's bulletin board (oh, but hanging posters for gun shows at the shooting range is okay, though... nice double standard).
As always, posting an ad in the Penguin is FREE, but if you'd like to show your appreciation for my efforts here, I will gladly accept a donation of two dollars. This donation is strictly voluntary, but if you want to show your support, it would be appreciated, (and you'll be helping support my bad habits). Make checks payable to Robert Osorio. Send your ads to:
c/o Robert Osorio
12555 Biscayne Blvd., Suite 832
North Miami, FL 33181-2597
892-9007 Fax: (305) 893-6221
Please include your name, city, and phone number. Ads can be for anything having to do with modeling: used items for sale, want-ads, building services, contests, event announcements, death threats, etc. Copies of The Flying Penguin are available at Markham Park (get 'em when you can, the Park police are stealing them again), Coral Springs Condors Field (courtesy Marv Grubb), Gulf Hobbies in Hollywood (954) 987-7500, and Orange Blossom Hobbies in Miami (305) 633-2521 (courtesy of Charles Rodriguez).
You can also read the Flying Penguin on-line at the Flying Penguin Web-Site of Love at:
If you'd like a subscription, send me a book of stamps and I'll mail you an issue each month. If you'd like me to Fax the Penguin to you each month (you must have a fax that answers automatically), contact me with your Fax number. REMEMBER, IT'S FREE!
Send me your drawings, cartoons, or photos to share with us. Editorials and articles will be reviewed for submission (and then promptly tossed in the trash).
The Flying Penguin
Yes, this is a thin issue. Im VERY busy at work right now and I was running late this month (oh, only a month late...) so I figured Id at least get this out and update the ads if nothing else. Ill try to have some more content for you next month.
Ill leave you with this thought: If the Wright brothers could have foreseen Ugly Sticks, they wouldve just given up the idea of flying as a bad job and gotten on with their lives...
5 - Reinforce the town levy... use all those busted plane fuselages youve been saving.
4 - Add another coat of epoxy paint to that warbird - heck, it only weighs 2 pounds per coat!
3 - Sandbag the workshop against floods... the hell with the rest of the house!
2 - 50 knot winds? Perfect weather to trim that new Ugly Stick in!
1 - Keep in mind that tornadoes are natures way of saying you own too much crap...
Robert Osorio - editor
- Tucano, lo-wing, glass construction, YS 45 side-exhaust new in box. $325
- Carden Extra 26%, new. Completely built - ready to cover. $450
- Top Flite F4U Corsair Kit, w/retracts. $150
- Byrons F-16, Eng, retracts, electronics, minus radio & rcvr. $650
Frank - (305) 649-3721 (Miami, FL)
- Great Planes Starfire, ASP 45, flaperons, all servos & rcvr. 1 month old with 15 flights, no crashes. $280
- Great Planes Patriot, OS 46FX, tuned pipe, DOES 120 MPH EASY!, flaperons, retracts, radio, servos. 10 flights, perfect cond $420
Andre - Days: (954) 283-3570, Eves: (954) 747-8146 (Broward, FL)
- Citabria, OS .70 Surpass 4 cyl, radio. $450
- Champion Shuler 60 Heli, complete w/radio. $575
- Hirobo Shuttle .30 Heli, w/radio. $450
- Ace 4-40, $130
- Sig Cobra, w/OS .45. $125
- Great Planes PT-60, w/ servos $180
- OS .60 FS, run 3 times, almost new, $89
- Rossi .60, side exhaust, new in box, $99
- Rossi .90, new in box, $249
- Rossi Pipes, Header, carbs, plugs & other parts - new & used for .60's
- Lanier P-51, new , $59
- Lanier Invader, $49
- Magnum Pro .45 & GP .40, new.
- Cox .049, .051, .09, new in box. Many other items. SELL * BUY * TRADE
Isaac - (305) 672-8610 Sun - Fri 9am - 10pm (Miami, FL)
- Balsa USA Laker Seaplane, 68" span w/removable wheels. Just built. $200. w/.46 engine: $250
- Great Planes Cap 21, 60" Span, never flown, $250
- K&B .82 DF Engine, w/Dynamax fan. $250
- Futaba 7ch G/K series radio, 4 servos, complete. $125
- Futaba FP4NBL Attack 4 AM, w/3 servos, $70
- Great Planes Wing Jig: $10. R/C Balance: $10, Starter: $10, Flightbox: $10, Heat Gun & Iron: $15
Jack (954) 424-0225 (Plantation, FL)
- HB .40 PDP Engine, w/muffler
Eddie - (954) 389-5212 (Weston)
FOR SALE- Left Hobby need to liquidate!
- King Kobra, OS 61 FSR ABC w/type 7M carb, Spring Air Retracts, Futaba 8 ch PCM w/5 FPS130 servos. $500
- Kougar, OS 45 FSR ABC, JR Century VII w/4 servos. $350
- Seamaster, OS 45 FSR ABC, 4 servos (no radio). $250
All first class construction and finish.
- Pica Rapier, wing, fuse & tail 80% finished. $50
- Top Flight P-51, 70% finished. $65
- Miss Ft. Worth, kit by Cunningham. $60
- Flight Box, custom Woodcraft, power panel, 12V Bat & starter $100
- Misc: servos, 2 Futaba AM 6 ch radios, Battery Cycler, chargers, wheels, covering, tools, tanks, & enough small parts to open a hobby store!. Will sell everything in bulk - MAKE AN OFFER!
Jim - (954) 929-4828 or (954) 925-1112 (Hollywood, FL)
- F-14 Tamecat, 2 seperate wings: one straight & one swept, fly with either one. Covered & looks just like the advertised photo, w/.45 engine . $130
Sal - (954) 752-6106 (Coral Springs, FL)
- Rapier, new, never flown, HB 40 engine, Monokote finish. Comes with old Kraft radio. Just add your radio & fuel. $195 or Make Offer
- Cox Sailboat, excellent condition. $75
Jim - Days: (954) 983-7519 Eves: (954) 434-7471 Pager: (305) 399-3270 (Broward, FL)
- OS .90 4-stroke, $140
- Global Hobbies Raven 60, assembled & test flown. Hot plane. Less engine & radio: $150
Brian - (954) 234-0173 (Margate, FL)
New R/C kits, engines, and accessories for sale below mail order prices. For complete list contact Jimmy Jemail via Compuserve 102203,2601 or call (954) 753-0650 (Pompano, FL)
- EZ-MUSTANG, JR 6 ch. PCM, SAITO 80, EZ RETRACTS. $500
- EZ 1/3.5 LASER 200, FUTABA 7CHL.PCM, SAITO 300TDT, $900
- Pilot Loadstar, Fut 7 ch Gold, OS 60, flaps, Glider launcher $500
- Calipso,Fut 7 ch PCM, OS61 ABC, Hatori pipe, Rhom Retrcts $500
- KALT WHISPER REPLACEMENT PARTS BOX, $125
- HIROBO SHUTTLE ZX PARTS BAG, $100
- SPRING AIR MAINS, 103HD, $100
- JR NES703 Servos, low profile retract 160 deg. $50
- Fun-Fly Plane, Magnum 45 ABC and servos $150
- CENTURY SLOPE SOARERS- READY TO FLY $100
- 1/8 SCALE AERODROME CURTIS JENNY WITH SERVOS, $150
- JR RECEIVERS NER-527X FM-(72.150 AND72.470), $100
- 1/8-scale Monte Carlo Stock Car, JR PCM, 12 Mag Eng $175
MISC: JR switch harness $17, RAM01 Nav lights $25, RAM03 landing lights $25, Futaba FPS134 ¼-scale servos $50, Webra Speed 80 $150, Como 61 $100, OS 35 $40, ASP 65FS $50, Webra Speed 40 $75, ST 60 $50, ST 60X RE $100, Coverite $5/roll, Fox & K&B plugs $2
Jimmy - (954) 753-0650 (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
- Hirobo SST Heli, w/OS61 & Gyro, no radio. $850
- Kyosho SRT Heli, w/radio & all upgrades. Custom body OS 32 $750
- Super Sportster 60, new. $175 OBO
- Super Sportster 40, unfinished. $75
- Super Sportster 60, unfinished. $75
WANTED: Jet Model, finished or unfinished, to trade or for cash.
Gary - (954) 791-9592 eves. (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
Canopy & tailboom for Schlueter Champion .60 Heli. Need for crash parts.
Raul - (305) 471-7973 (work) (305) 220-6399 (home) (Miami, FL)
- Pica 1/5 Scale P-51, 89" span, G62, fiberglass/imron finish, Robard retracts, all servos heavy duty. $1,495 O.B.O.
- Sig 1/3 Scale Spacewalker, 104" span, G38, fiberglashh/imron finish, all servos heavy duty. Ready-2-Fly! $1,000
- Lanier 1/3 Scale 300S, 102" span, Zenoah 445 w/sping starter, all servos heavy duty, with our without engine. Call!
Alan - (954) 428-4161 days (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- MVVS 1.20 Twin, NIB w/exhaust system. $300
- Super Tiger 3250, 2-stroke, w/JTec Muffler $200
- Set of Robarts Giant-Scale Retracts, for P-51, P-47 or similar. w/no accessories. NIB $200
- ASP 1.08, used but not abused. w/ Pitts style muffler $100
Charles - (954) 920-4441 (Pembroke Pines, FL)
- Futaba 6ch Radio, transmitter & receiver, dual rates, trainer system. Like new. $150
Bill - (561)-482-0608 (W. Boca Raton, FL)
- Kyosho Concept SRX 30 Heli, all servos, all upgrades. $550
Jerry - (954) 489-1432 (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
Broken/crashed Hobbico trainers or parts.
David - (954) 522-8363 (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Cardinal, 55" span, OS 46, new Futaba FP-T6NFK FM Xmitter, training cord, Futaba FP-T4NBF Xmitter & chargers. Flight box, power panel, fuel caddy, elec pump, batt, starter, ESV, parts, fuel & 24 issues of Model Airplane. $350
Lloyd - (954) 791-6008 (Davie, FL)
- Precision Eagle 4.2 Engine, TOC Glow version, exc. cond., complete w/ lightweight Dern quiet muffler. Incredibly powerful and smooth. Little time since purchase (used) from Bob Geofrey in 96. $350 OBO
Barry - (714)-693-9236 (Califormia)
or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
4-Cycle Engines, Will swap 35mm Cameras, 12 G Shotgun, or Color TVs.
Jacob - (954) 455-0043 (Broward, FL)